Pastor and Brethren,
As I celebrate Thanksgiving this month, at Bayou Drive Baptist Church and at my home, I am thankful that we Christians remember that it is a national holiday. And, by the way, it is “Thanksgiving Day” and not “Turkey Day!” If there is anybody that should show their gratitude to God for all His blessings, it is the Christian! Our gratitude to God should be something that is evident in our lives as Christians. We should be willing to let it show so that others, and especially God, can see our gratitude.
I am thankful that my church supported me in November on a 2 day crusade at the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice Wayne Scott Unit in Angleton, TX.
1) The people signed-up to pray every hour we were there.
2) The church men attended Friday night service, all day visiting on Saturday, and Saturday night Service.
3) My Pastor preached both services.
4) We had about 15 men come to the altar and many kneeled at their chairs. Many decisions were made.
5) We had 40 men (in the unit) join our Bible Truth correspondence program.
6) We passed out over 500 pieces of literature and 48 Bibles.
I am Thankful for the love offering given to me by my church.
I am thankful for the love of the brethren.
I am thankful for God allowing me to be in the Prison Ministry.
I am thankful for my wife putting up with my prison ministry schedules.
I am thankful for Evangelist Bro Wayne Hudson for sending me a case of Bibles.
I want to thank the Bible Truth workers for their dedication. Another soul was saved through love and faithfulness in providing Bible study material and Bibles.
I appreciate those who have supported me during August and September. Thank you for being faithful to the prison ministry. Please pray for approximately 19 men that made professions of faith in these two months.
1. Please pray for me as I attend a Rock Of Ages crusade in December.
2. Please pray for the spiritual growth of Bayou Drive Baptist Church.
Thought to ponder on some practical precepts:
16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
Serving the Saviour,
Bro Ron Papa